Under-eye circles, whatever their cause, can add unnecessary years to your face and take away from your overall appearance. Regular skin care products or even makeup rarely help and can even aggravate the problem further. This is because the under-eye skin area is very delicate and requires specialized treatment. Some of the best steps to take care of the under-eye area include the following:
- Clichéd as it may sound, sleep is the best cure for tired eyes. If you are not rested, all the cures in the world will come to naught. So, the first step is to ensure that you are getting your required quota of shut-eye. Experts recommend grabbing an additional nap midday to look even better for a special evening event.
- In case you are unable to get enough rest or just need an extra lift, try “resting” your eyes further with cotton balls dipped in rose water, tea bags that have been refrigerated a while, or even cucumber or potato slices. Apply for three to four minutes, and you will see an instant difference!
- Include an under-eye cream in your beauty regimen. It is important to be extra gentle when washing or moisturizing the under-eye area because it is the first to show signs of abuse or neglect. Also make sure that your day eye cream has the required sun protection factor.
- Never go to bed with eye makeup on, and never make the mistake of scrubbing it off with regular soap and water. In case you don’t want to buy an expensive eye makeup removal solution, just use any cream or moisturizer with a cotton ball.
- For those of us who are born with dark circles, it is important to invest in a good concealer and practice using it so that we can make it a part of our daily routines. Make sure to use very gentle strokes when applying to avoid any long-term damage to the skin.