If the 90’s were known for matte, shine-less faces, then this decade is all about dewy, glowy skin. Luminous, lit-from-within skin is experiencing a huge beauty moment, and it’s no wonder why: a deliciously dewy face gives the appearance of youth and health. Here are some tips on how to get glowing.
1. Ditch your face powder. Yeah, you heard me. Unless you have the very oiliest of skin, you may not even need powder. I thought for a long time that powdering was essential for a complete make up look until I decided to go without powder for a few days. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised with how my skin looked. It was, well, glowing! If you are dead set on keeping face powder in your makeup routine, consider trading your current powder for a light, translucent powder like Laura Mercier’s Translucent Loose Setting Powder.
2. Try a tinted moisturizer. Many foundations can leave a heavy, matte effect on the skin, and sometimes they can even make you look OLDER. Switch up your routine with a tinted moisturizer to achieve the coveted glow. If you are afraid that the coverage offered by a “TM” is not enough, try applying concealer prior to your applying the finishing touches.
3. Exfoliate. Once or twice a week, dedicate some time to exfoliating your face. This sounds simple but it really does make a difference! You can choose from the great variety of exfoliatants on the market or even make your own face scrub by combining 2 TBS of sugar, 3 TBS of water and a bit of honey or lemon juice (optional.)
4. Eat almonds. Not only are almonds delicious, but they are also high in Vitamin E! Vitamin E can boost skin’s radiance, reduce blemishes and even reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Of course can is the key word here, but why not try incorporating almonds into your daily diet? Toasted, chopped almonds put into oatmeal is my favorite way to eat them.
5. Use rose water. There are many uses for rose water: you can spray it on after showering for a natural, delicate body splash; it can be applied as a makeup setting spray; or it can be used as a glow inducing facial toner! Just mist your face with rose water after washing and you might be surprised at how fresh and dewy your skin will look. My favorite type is from Heritage Store and you can buy it for around 5 bucks. Natural and cheap? That’s my kind of product.