What are the top seven things you should do to have great looking skin? Yeah, yeah, we all know we should wash our face before we collapse into bed at the end of a exhausting day. But that is easier said then done. What are some other ways to ensure we have great skin?
1) Sunscreen- Wearing sunscreen helps prevent sun damage. If you’re not particularly fond of regular sunscreen for your face, look for a tinted moisturizer with SPF. You can get a little bit of color plus prevent sun damage at the same time.
2) The right liquids- Good ole H2O is the way to go. Energy drinks, alcohol and caffieinated beverages will result in drying your skin out. If you don’t want tired looking skin, stick to water. That’s my beverage of choice.
3) Clean diet- Processed food is not just bad for your health, it’s worse for your skin either. If you suffer from breakouts, take a closer look at the foods you eat and what you drink. You can probably fix some of your skin care woes by changing what’s on your plate. It is amazing how your diet can help or hinder your skin.
4) Smoking- If you need more reasons to stop the smoking habit, here is another one: good looking skin! Smoking causes collagen to deteriorate which means that your skin will become saggy and wrinkly. And who wants that?! Prevent this from happening by kicking the habit.
5) Sweating- Exercising helps your body detox naturally. Make exercising a daily part of your life routine. Running, yoga, lifting weights, Pilates, swimming, hiking, walking – whatever form of exercise you like to do, make sure you create time for getting your sweat on. There is probably a sweatfest I don’t like to do. Sweating makes you feel alive.
6) Salt- Salt can create puffiness, so watch what you are eating. Hold the salt shaker and cut out processed food of your diet. Try salt free seasonings for your food like, Mrs. Dash.
7) Positive outlook- This may sound funny at first, but you know the saying “It takes more muscles to frown then to smile”? Well, this true to having a fresh looking appearance too. Reduce stress, smile, laugh, be happy- these are all little things that you can do on a regular basis to create a natural glow.
Skin care is all about self care. Take care of yourself by eating real food, getting enough sleep, being happy and having a positive perspective. Start utilizing the above tips to be on your way to great looking skin!