I’ve always loved having beauty rituals, and I love the little traditions that come along with them — those moments when I just think, Ah, yes. This routine will never get old for me. Here are some of my favorite beauty moments.
1. The moment in putting in my makeup when I realize, Oh yes, there’s a reason I wear makeup every day. I thought I didn’t need makeup, but…nope. I kinda do.
2. The moment when I run out of a makeup essential because I now have an excuse to go shopping for more and to potentially try something new.
3. The moment when the woman doing my mani/pedi says, “It’s been a while, no?” Sure, she’s chiding me for my cuticles and dry skin, but it still makes me feel like she missed me.
4. The moment when my fiancé shows his appreciation for the new beauty trend I tried — especially when it’s one he said I didn’t need.
5. The moment when I get home from a long day of shopping, go through all my new products, and then clear my schedule for the night, because all I want to do is play with all of them.
6. The moment when I find myself inhaling deeply and happily for the fifth time in an afternoon and I realize, Yes, this perfume I sampled earlier is definitely a winner.
7. The moment when someone asks me if I wear SPF each day and I can smugly say, “YES! YES I DO!
8. The moment when I take my makeup off at night and realize, Oh, there I am. For some reason, my makeup-free face looks a million times healthier and glowier at night than it does first thing in the morning. I go to bed thinking, See, I don’t need to wear makeup every day. Then I wake up and experience #1 again.