The first thing that comes to mind when a guy asks me on a date is food. A typical date involves dinner, drinks, dessert and bigger portions than my body may be used to. I know when I go on a date, I do not want to be “that girl” who just orders a salad. If my date is okay with me ordering cocktails, appetizers, dinner and dessert, I go for it and enjoy every bite (and sip).
While us girls should be treated to fancy dinners, I’m sure we also want to fit in our little black dresses. Here are some healthy date ideas that will keep you looking and feeling good, while making your relationship more exciting.
1. Try an outdoor exercise activity. Go for a bike ride or walk in the park. This will give you plenty of time to get to know one another, and you will be burning calories and getting fresh air at the same time.
2. Go for a walking tour in your city. There are free tours in most cities where you can learn about landmarks, parks and even local celebrities. It would be a great conversation starter to discuss the history of your town together, and you may even discover a healthy restaurant along the way.
3. Try a new fitness class together. I know getting sweaty may not ideal in the beginning of the relationship, but I promise your man will be impressed watching you do squats and pushups. Most fitness classes are free for first time visitors, so try searching for a local kickboxing or spin class.
4. Cook together. Find a healthy dinner recipe, light some candles, play music, and start cooking. You will most likely save a ton of calories cooking dinner yourself instead of ordering out. You can also make your own cocktails instead of ordering a sugary cocktail at a restaurant. Try red wine with frozen fruit for a healthy sangria, or tequila with lime juice instead of a margarita.
5. Take a dance class. Why not try some salsa or tango lessons? You can be the sexy couple at your next wedding and impress the entire room with your amazing moves. A one hour dance class can burn anywhere from 300-600 calories.
The next time your date asks you to dinner, suggest one of these healthy date ideas instead. Trying new activities can keep your relationship fresh, and may bring you closer as a couple. Make working out and cooking together a regular part of your relationship, you will be the fittest, happiest couple around.