It’s entirely too hot to be slathered in your expensive foundations and bronzers and primers and blush and eyeshadow and etc etc etc. I will not be hanging out in DiorShow Masacra or Chanel Foundation. No one wants to leave the house only to have their face melting onto their shirt not even ten minutes later.
So, how does one stay gorgeous yet cool at the same time?
2. If a BB or CC cream isn’t your speed, go for a mineral based foundation, like Bare Essentials ORIGINAL with Broad Spectrum. Pick up some of the powder, dust the excess and apply. Hard for that to melt off, right? Right. Mineral based foundations are free of oil and provide all-over coverage, so that’s definitely the alternative you want to go for.
3. Apply bronzer just to the high points of your face, where the sun naturally hits you: forehead, cheekbones, chin, and nose. (Covering every nook and cranny is what gives you that fake, baked look.) Powder bronzers are the easiest to apply. I like Nars in Laguna. It’s great for women of every shade1
4. Cheek tints are going to replace your blush this summer. I’m a fan of Benetint Lip & Cheek tint. It’s kiss and water-proof. Those smooches and that sweat won’t be a problem.
5. Eye shadows crease and melt with sweat, heat and humidity. If you want to wear it, make sure to apply a primer first to keep your shadow where it’s supposed to be. Choose light colors that are close to your skin tone. Vanilla or gold shadow can give you good color without looking too made-up.
6. Avoid a pair of the dreaded raccoon eyes this summer by picking good waterproof mascara that will stay on your lashes.
7. Eyeliner can smudge very easily in the heat and humidity. If you must line your eyes, (and I personally must), use a powder eye shadow rather than pencil or liquid liner. With the tip of a very small slanted brush, apply dark shadow in a thin line to define your lash line. If you are going in the water, skip the liner or use a waterproof instead.
8. Lip balm is going to be your friend this summer. Tinted ones can take the place of your sticky lipstick. I go for Maybelline’s Baby Lips. They smell good; leave a beautiful tint on your lips and its super light!
So there you have it! Eight ways to look fresh-faced and still keep your cool.