Let’s make 2014 your best hair year ever! Whether you want to try a new style this year or just learn to properly care for your specific hair type, take note some of these resolutions. We know you want to keep your hair looking amazing this year.
– Work on damage control to keep your hair looking healthy all the time. Cut down on your heat use when styling your hair. This means letting your hair air dry more often, using products that protect your hair from hot styling tools and wearing hats to protect your hair from the elements. Basically, just treat your hair nicely. Don’t damage it by coloring, styling or pulling on it too much and deep condition at least once a month!
– Don’t skip your hair appointments. Even if you are growing out your locks, getting your hair cut or trimmed about every six weeks will keep split ends, overgrown layers and damaged hair at bay.
– Don’t let yourself get lazy with hair care or hair styles. If you feel you are stuck in a hairstyle rut, consult your hair stylist for a new look, new color or just tips on how to style it differently that will look amazing in the New Year. Be bold and try a new hair trend this year! Even if it comes out horribly, you’ll be glad you tried something new and went out of your comfort zone. Remember, hair grows and can be fixed.
– Try learning something new. Whether you’ve always wanted to learn how to do a fishtail braid, finally curl your hair properly or just want to learn to condition your hair so you’re a shiny goddess, go for it. Ask a friend or hair stylist to help you learn a new trick to keep your look fresh.
– Go through and organize your hair care products. Throw away all of those stretched out elastic hair bands, give away products you never use or toss really old ones. Your bathroom cabinets will thank you and you may be inspired to use those hair care products that fall in the back of the drawer and get forgotten about that could really help your hair.
So what are your hair care resolutions for 2014? Will you use any from our list? Share with us and have a wonderful New Year!