Moroccan Argan Oil has been a staple in other cultures for years and we’re starting to take notice. When using argan oil in your hair, it has a multitude of benefits. Argan oil is pressed from the nut of the fruit of an Argan Tree, found only in Morocco. The oil can be expensive because it is quite rare. The argan tree lives to be about 150 to 200 years old and does not start producing the fruit until it is 30 to 50 years old.
Argan oil is great for your hair, especially for those that live in humid climates. When you apply to damp hair, it is a great all-over treatment or you can just apply to your ends after hair is dry. It calms frizzy ends, adds moisture to dry hair and adds great shine. Normally you might have three different hair products: one for frizz, one for moisture and one for shine. Now you only need one!
Argan oil is also great for your scalp if you’re dealing with a dry and itchy scalp. Put some argan oil on a cotton ball and dap onto your scalp. This works best before bed when the oil will have plenty of time to moisturize.
Argan oil also offers vitamins and nutrients such as Vitamin E and Vitamin F that make your hair strong and healthy. It also offers UV ray protection to keep your hair safe in the sun. The best part of using argan oil is that it won’t create any residue or greasy buildup like most products in your hair and scalp after you use.
Now Moroccan Argan Oil is sold everywhere and in many different forms: shampoo, conditioner, oil, spray or a thicker mask. Try to look for 100% pure Moroccan argan oil for the best benefits.
Depending on what type of argan oil you use, follow the directions on the label. But here are some general tips for using argan oil correctly to get that lustrous hair you’ve been lusting after.
Applying argan oil before shampooing should follow this routine:
- Apply a generous amount of oil throughout hair from roots to tips, and massage it into the scalp.
- Put on a shower cap or cloth to allow the Argan oil to penetrate the cuticle. Set in place for at least five minutes.
- Remove cap and wash out with warm water.
- For the best results, follow up with a shampoo and conditioner.
Follow these steps for wearing argan oil throughout the day:
- Apply two to three drops of argan oil at your roots and massage the product into the scalp.
- Take a wide-tooth comb and spread the product evenly through hair.
- Add more product to the hair sparingly as needed.
- Do not add water or any other styling products on top of the argan oil.
Do you use Moroccan Argan Oil? Will you try it now after reading the benefits? Share with us!