I was never a picky eater growing up, but broccoli was the one veggie that I tried to avoid. This recipe not only makes broccoli tolerable, it makes it delicious!
- 1 bundle of broccoli cut into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tbs of Olive Oil
- 1 tbs of water
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1 lemon (2 if you like it extra tangy)
- Salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped garlic and sauté for about 1 min.
- Add broccoli, salt, red pepper flakes and stir until evenly coated. Pour lemon juice over the broccoli and a little bit of water (you don’t want to burn the garlic)
- Cook for about 5 minutess.
- Season with additional salt (if needed) and serve.
- When comparing ounce to ounce broccoli has as much calcium as milk
- Broccoli is high in vitamin C, A and folate.