Everybody needs a cheat day! You can modify this recipe to make it a little healthier, but when you are looking for something yummy and easy to cook- this is what I recommend:
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (pounded and fat removed)
- 1 small bottle of Paul Newman Balsamic dressing
- 6 slices of bacon
- 8 oz of Goat cheese
- 1 -1 ½ cups of spinach
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven at 375 degrees F.
- Lie chicken breasts flat and salt and pepper both sides (be modest because the dressing is a bit salty as well)
- Cut 2 pieces of bacon in half and place half a slice of bacon on each breast. Next cut a slice of goat cheese (about ¼ of an inch) and place them on top of the bacon.
- Put several pieces of spinach on top of the cheese. Now roll up each chicken breast and use one slice of bacon to wrap each piece of the rolled up breast.
- Arrange the rolled up breasts in a 9×9 inch baking dish. Pour the balsamic dressing over the chicken. Bake the chicken in a pre-heated oven for 45 mins. Or until the inside of the chicken is no longer pink and the bacon is crisp. Yields: 3-4 servings
- A 100lb pig produces about 10 lbs of bacon
- Chickens are relatively fast- they can run up to 9 miles per hour