I spent most of my life thinking avocados were vegetables until I was told that anything with a seed in it was a fruit. Needless to say, it is my favorite fruit…or vegetable… or whatever it is! Here is my recipe that I really love- hope you enjoy it as much as I do
- 1 Large Ripe Avocado
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 Slices of Hearty Bread- I use Ezekiel
- 1. Toast the slices of bread.
- 2. Mash the avocado with a fork -like you are making guacamole. Add the juice of one lime. Add red pepper flakes and sea salt to taste- modify to your liking.
- 3. Spread avocado paste on to toast and Enjoy!
- *Avocados contain Vitamin E, monounsaturated fats, and glutathione- which are a power punch for keeping your heart healthy.
- *They contain a surprising amount of fiber- about 5 grams per 3 ounces.