Everybody loves pancakes! If you don’t, then we probably wouldn’t get along 😉 My boyfriend has a gluten allergy, so it makes it difficult to cook breakfast for the both of us. One of my friends showed me this banana pancake recipe and I have fallen in love with it. Make sure you try the pancake before you add syrup. I think you will be surprised by how sweet it is. I substituted the butter with coconut oil because it gives extra flavor. Plus, coconut oil can withstand higher temperatures. Enjoy!
- 1 Medium banana (very ripe/slightly brown)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 3 tbs of coconut oil (for cooking)
- Peel and mash banana. Add the two eggs, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a bowl. Combine in bowl and mix until you have a soupy texture.
- Melt coconut over medium-high heat in a 9 inch pan. Scoop mixture in (like you would any pancake mix).
- Flip pancake once it is light brown and repeat on other side. Remove from stove and add whatever toppings you like.
Yields: About 3-4 pancakes depending on size.
- Squeezing lemon juice on a banana will keep it yellow longer.
- To ripen a green banana, put it in a paper bag. Bananas release ethylene gas- which make it ripen more quickly