In your twenties, you may be more concerned about finishing college, getting a career and finding a date, but don’t forget to care for your skin. The steps you take now to care for your skin can greatly affect your future. If you start a skin care routine now, you will bring it with you in the future and it won’t be a second thought. It is definitely important to start young and here are some tips that every twenty something should follow.
- Don’t sleep with your makeup on. Make sure to cleanse your face every night, no matter how tired you are or how late you may have studied or partied that night. Sleeping with makeup will decrease the body’s ability to repair itself and will aggravate the skin causing acne and wrinkles.
- You may have been born with the skin you have, but if you take care of it, you can control how you look in some ways. For example, if you stay away from smoking and the tanning beds, you can greatly reduce your risk of sagging skin and wrinkles.
- Like skipping the tanning beds, it is important to wear SPF and most twenty somethings don’t think twice about it. Sun damage is very real and will affect how you look in the future.
- Try a three step morning and nighttime routine. This will be simple but very effective in caring for your skin. Choose a cleanser for your skin type, treat with an antioxidant in the morning and a retinol or glycolic acid at night (depending what is best for you) and moisturize with SPF in the morning and a cream at night.
- In addition to your routine, don’t forget to exfoliate twice a week. It will remove dead skin cells that add up and it will make you glow.
- Remember that eating healthy and exercising doesn’t just affect your waistline. It also affects your skin. If you’re a healthy person, chances are your skin will look amazing and healthy too.
- Even if you apply SPF religiously, avoid too much sun. It is the number one cause of wrinkles on the face.
If you are a twenty something, do you always follow these tips? If you are in your 30’s and older, do you agree with these tips too? Let us know your words of wisdom!