I am a sucker for super spicy foods! Any opportunity where I could dowse my food in hot sauce until my face is literally on fire – I take. I have modified this recipe so all can enjoy, but feel free to add all the hot sauce your little heart desires.
3 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts
½ cup cilantro
2 sweet potatoes- cut into chunks
1- 16 ounce jar of salsa
1 can of black beans-drained
2/3 cup of chicken broth
5 cloves of garlic, diced
1 green or red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 can of corn, drained
2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp of all spice
Salt and pepper to taste
Lime wedges, for garnish
Hot sauce- for an extra kick
1. Place chicken at the bottom of the slow cooker. Arrange bell pepper, onion, sweet potatoes and black beans on top of chicken.
2. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix. Once they have been mixed, pour them into the slow cooker.
3. Set slow cooker on low and cook for 7 hours.
4. Pull apart chicken and add additional salt or pepper if needed. I usually add a little hot sauce for an additional kick. Garnish with lime wedges to serve.
• Sweet potatoes have over 6 grams of fiber per serving
• You can get rid of the smell of garlic on your hands by washing them under cold water-while rubbing a stainless steel object.