When you wake up, your hair might be a mess, you may have dark circles under your eyes from not sleeping well or pimples that popped up overnight. Don’t you wish instead you could wake up looking flawless and not need much time to put on makeup for the day? Here are some tips to help you achieve just that. You can have a simple bedtime routine that will help you wake up looking already gorgeous and not like a zombie.
Here are some things to do before you go to bed at night:
- Wash your face! Do not skip washing your face, no matter how tired you may be. Not washing your face and leaving makeup, dirt and oil to wreak havoc on your face overnight is what is contributing to your skin woes. If you consistently skip the cleanser, buy some makeup removing wipes and put them by your bedside to make it as easy as possible to clean your skin at night.
- Choose a good night cream. Your skin regenerates while you sleep so choose products that help it do just that. Choose a night cream with retinol as an active ingredient to help your skin’s recovery process. If dry skin is an issue, choose a night cream with hyaluronic acid that draws water into your skin. Apply moisturizer all over your face and neck to keep you looking young.
Here are some tips for beautiful skin while you sleep:
- Use a humidifier, especially in dry climates or months. It gives your skin moisture that might be lacking in the air. It will hydrate any dry, itchy skin. Just make sure you replace the water each day to fend off bacteria and mold, which could make you sick.
- Try to sleep on your back. If you sleep on your stomach or your side, it can lead to fluid build-up around your eyes and give you puffiness. To avoid puffy eyes, pile pillows and sleep on your back because it will help drain any fluids around your eyes.
- Invest in a satin or silk pillowcase. Your skin will thank you. These pillowcases can lessen pressure on your skin, which can eventually cause wrinkles. It also helps keep your hair smooth and lessen hair breakage, so it isn’t just good for your skin.
Do you have any nighttime tricks to keep yourself looking fresh for the AM? Share with us!