My coworker Casey just started testing out her cooking skills in the kitchen. She recently raved about the concoction she made, so I demanded she provide us the recipe! Here is what I stole from her:
1 pound ground turkey
6-8 bell peppers (depending on size)
3 handfuls tortilla chips
1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
2 table spoons Olive oil
Pinch of salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cook pasta following directions on box and set aside.
- Cut tops of pepper off. Rinse seeds out of peppers and place on baking dish
- Take the tops of the peppers that were cut off and cut into little pieces ( these will be added to the stuffing)
- Add olive oil to skillet. Take cut peppers and add to pan, along with the ground turkey.
- Season with spices and cook until turkey is brown.
- Add turkey to pasta, making sure to distribute evenly.
- Mix crumpled tortilla chips into the stuffing.
- Stuff peppers with mixture and place in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place peppers back into the oven until cheese melts.
- Once the cheese melts remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Now it is ready to eat!