5 Things to Avoid if You Want Amazing Skin:
We spend a lot of money on anti-aging creams, cleansers, lotions, makeup and other products to make our skin look amazing. Yet, often we don’t think about preventing certain things that make our skin have bad effects in the first place. Your skin’s health is greatly affected by the inner layer of skin, called the dermis, as opposed to the outer layer of skin. Even wrinkles are caused by what is happening inside the inner layers of skin. Here are five things you want to avoid if you want to keep your skin youthful as long as possible:
1. Harmful rays from the sun. This is a no brainer. Always wear sunscreen when outdoors, but try to wear protective clothing to shield your body from the sun too. Sunscreens only protect from UV light, but most of sunlight is made up of infrared and visible spectrum which can go through your skin and sunscreen easily and create free radicals that cause aging. So keep those sunglasses handy! You can also fight against sunlight’s damage by eating healthy. Choose foods that have skin-saving antioxidants such as green leafy vegetables, yellow or orange vegetables, blueberries, blackberries or antioxidant supplements.:
2. Toxins. Toxins are all around us in this day and age. Avoid smoking or being around second hand smoke, drink filtered water, choose organic foods and natural cleaning solutions and try to avoid any pollution in your city. You can also do a detox to rid your body of some of these toxins you naturally pick up in daily life.:
3. Avoid sugars and starches in your diet. Glucose molecules, found in sugar and starchy foods can actually attach themselves to collagen and cause them to collapse! So when you eat processed and junk foods, you are causing your skin to wrinkle faster.:
4. Stress. Chronic stress is devastating to your health and also gives you accelerated aging. If you are under chronic stress and find it damaging to your health and skin, do what you can to take a step back and practice yoga, breathing exercises, meditation or another method you find helpful.:
5. Excessive alcohol consumption. Heavy drinkers, beware, this causes your skin to age much faster. Alcohol is a toxin that dehydrates our skin cells. Drinking alcohol in moderation is fine, but the more you drink, the faster your skin will age, simple as that.:
Did you know these were all things to avoid for healthy skin? Share with us your thoughts!