Long, thick hair can be hard to achieve depending on your hair type, your stress levels, diet and fitness regimen and even pollution in the city you live in. But there are some simple home remedies to help you achieve long, strong hair that would make even Rapunzel jealous.
- Eat healthy. Even gorgeous hair starts with a nutritious diet. Green, leafy vegetables, fruit and proteins are best for growing healthy hair. Protein definitely helps hair growth.
- Hot oil head massage. This is something you can easily do for yourself every few weeks. Apply hot oil (but apply it warm, not hot) on the scalp and gently massage into the scalp with your fingertips. Apply the oil to the rest of your hair as well for silky soft strands. Wrap a hot towel around your head for about 10 minutes and let the oil soak in. You can leave on for up to 2 hours and then rinse out with a mild shampoo. You can buy hot oil at a beauty supply store or use almond oil, olive oil or coconut oil.
- Get a regular trim. Get your hair trimmed every 4-6 weeks to ensure the damaged ends are removed and your hair will grow faster. It may sound counteractive to get haircuts when you’re trying to grow out your hair, but damaged hair does not grow as quickly.
- Get a natural-bristled brush and brush twice a day. Give yourself daily head massages too. Blood circulation to the scalp only helps your hair grow faster.
- But avoid combing wet hair or use a gentle comb. Don’t use a brush to brush your hair after you wash it because wet hair is more prone to breakage.
- Along with healthy eating, drink plenty of water and exercise. This will improve blood circulation to the scalp, which promotes hair growth.
- Make your own hair mask to promote growth. You’ll need: 2-3 eggs (depending on your hair’s length) and 5 tbsp. olive oil. Whisk together ingredients and apply to hair and scalp for 30 minutes. Finally wash out with a mild shampoo and water. It will promote hair’s growth and make your hair really shiny.
- Lastly, protect your hair from pollution, extreme cold or heat, sunlight and using too many damaging hot styling tools.
Do you have long hair or are you trying to grow out your hair? Let us know your tips for gorgeous length!