First dates can be a mix of emotions from nerve-wracking to exciting. You’re frazzled trying to figure out what to wear, what to say and of course, how to do your makeup. You want to look like yourself, but the best version.
Here are some “do’s” for first date makeup:
- Go for a natural or light shade of lipstick. Unless dark lip colors are your personal style and you use a long lasting shade, you don’t want a dark shade to come off by the end of the night, especially if the date goes well and you lock lips.
- While this isn’t necessarily makeup, you want your hair to match your look. Opt for simple styles that don’t take much fuss or something you won’t be worried about coming undone by the end of dinner. Wear your hair down and in a style that is natural and comfortable for you and your hair type. The same goes with your outfit. Opt for classic, comfortable and simple with colors that bring out your natural beauty and style.
- Remember last minute prep before he arrives! Brush your teeth, use deodorant, use eye drops and put on one last swipe of lip gloss.
Now here are some “don’ts” for your first date looks:
- Stick with the basics and don’t take too many risks. Remember, you want to look like you. Save sparkly eye shadows and funky hair colors for girl’s nights out. Guys don’t always understand or appreciate the latest trends, especially when it comes to makeup. Natural beauty is always best.
- Don’t wear too much perfume or body spray. Vanilla-based scents are best because they are light and sweet. Too much perfume can be a turn-off or can be trouble if your date is allergic or sensitive to strong smells.
- Remember, less is more. Don’t use too much makeup.
Let your inner beauty shine through! Keep your makeup look natural and glowy and remember to smile. Happiness looks good on everyone!
What is your favorite look for a first date? What products do you always make sure to use on nights like those? Share with us your favorites or feel free to share any great or disaster first date stories!