Have you ever wanted your own makeup artist or wanted to look like the flawless models on runways? Here are some simple tricks makeup artists use to make models look amazing. So go with your natural beauty and these tips and you’ll be amazed at what you see in the mirror. But always remember how much makeup and re-touching these models get and how they give unrealistic expectations of beauty. These are just simple tricks to add to your makeup routine.
- Cleanse your face really well… twice if you have to. Leftover makeup, dirt or oil can really mess up your new makeup look.
- Massage your face with your favorite moisturizer. Massage the moisturizer in your face or your makeup may just slide right off if you only lightly put it on or don’t rub it in enough.
- Remove dead skin cells from your lips by using sugar scrub or buffing with a dry toothbrush. Then use plenty of lip balm to keep them moisturized.
- Experiment with multiple foundations and concealers. Everyone has a slightly different skin color and dark circles, acne or other spots can come into play. Use color correcting foundations and concealers and experiment with different shades until you find one that blends perfectly with your skin tone. Just be sure not to use too much or your makeup can appear heavy or cakey.
- If you get any eye goop from your makeup, use a cotton swab to remove it, not your fingers, as this could mess up your makeup perfection.
- If you are sick or constantly blowing your nose, use this trick to keep your makeup intact. Stick the tissue directly up the nostrils, lightly blow and remove with no wiping.
- If you want an extra glow, use lip balm. Use it on eyelids, cheekbones, the bridge of your nose and the top of your lips for that amazing shine.
Lastly, remember that models are constantly being touched up with makeup and there are many other tricks makeup artists use to make their models look flawless. Don’t compare yourself to these models because the comparison is unfair with all the secrets they’re hiding. You’re beautiful just the way you are!
Are you ever jealous of model’s makeup looks? Have you ever tried any of these simple tips in your makeup routine? Share your thoughts with us!