Dry shampoo is a great way to keep your hair looking clean and fresh when you haven’t washed it in days. It helps refresh your hair in a new way. What did our ancestors do without it?! Yet, there are many other uses for dry shampoo besides reviving dirty hair. Here are some amazing new ways to use your dry shampoo.
- You can create amazing texture with dry shampoo and hairspray. Layer dry shampoo and hairspray while styling your hair. Turn your head upside down then spray both of them in circular motions on your hair. It will give you lightweight and touchable hair with the texture you crave for a new hairstyle.
- Create better updos that stay. If you use dry shampoo and hairspray with your updos, it will give you more texture and definition and help give your updo lasting power and keep bobby pins from slipping out. This is especially helpful for thin hair.
- Hide dark roots between color appointments. If you need to hide dark roots in lighter colored hair, use colored dry shampoo to hide your roots and cleanse your hair at the same time. No one will even notice!
- Tame unruly eyebrows. In a pinch, put a little dry shampoo on your finger and use it to fix your eyebrows. If you have sensitive skin, test a patch of skin first before using near your face.
- Add volume to flat hair. If you straighten your hair, it can leave your hair flat and boring. Spray dry shampoo from roots to mid-shaft and brush out for instant volume.
- Keep curls from sticking together. If you curl your hair then brush them out, your curls could stick. Use dry shampoo to keep them from clinging together.
- Remove static. Especially in dry winter months, you might have a lot of static in your hair. Dry shampoo will help reduce the static. You can even spray the clear versions on your clothes.
- In a pinch, you can also use it as deodorant. The active ingredients will absorb oil and moisture in your underarms.
- We all know that ponytails, updos, braids and other hair styles work best in dirty hair. But if you just washed your hair and want to style it this way, use a little dry shampoo to create texture to make the style stick.
- Use it as a cleaning tool. If you have an oily stain on your carpet, try spraying a little dry shampoo on the area, waiting 20 minutes then vacuuming the stain away. This will also work for oily stains on clothes when you’re in a pinch.
- Spray bobby pins with dry shampoo for extra holding power.
- Keep your bangs from sticking to your forehead, especially if you have oily skin. Spray it underneath your bangs to keep them looking fresh and keep from sticking to your skin.
- Spray it in your shoes to reduce odors.
- Use it to keep perspiration at bay. If you are going to be outdoors in the heat all day, you can use it all over your body to reduce sweating. Just make sure you aren’t sensitive to the formula or it can cause skin irritation. Test on a small patch of skin first.
Have you ever used dry shampoo for anything other than cleansing your hair when it is dirty and you don’t have time to wash it? Will you use some of these neat tricks with your dry shampoo? What is your favorite brand and type of dry shampoo? Share with us!