Great brows set the tone for a beautiful makeup look. Yet, too often we over-tweeze, wax too often or not enough, or simply don’t know what brow look will be best for us. Here are some tips on getting the best brows you can this holiday season to wow everyone at your holiday parties:
- To get a good base look, start with a professional wax from a quality salon. They will help you find the shape and size that will look best on you. They will help you to find your natural brow shape by following your bone structure for something that will look natural. Once you have a good base, you can use these tips for at-home maintenance.
- Invest in a good pair of tweezers and have a pair with a slanted tip to get even the finest hairs in hard to reach spots. Also make sure you have a brow pencil or pen that matches your hair color, a brow brush to brush your eyebrows to shape and blend to keep any products you use from looking harsh, a brow gel that can be either clear or tinted to keep brows in place all day long.
- Keep nail scissors handy for long eyebrow hairs to trim. Just trim the tips of the hair very carefully if you have any long hairs. Be careful not to puncture your skin or cut too much of the hair.
- Never over-tweeze! Full brows always look more natural. If you keep tweezing and tweezing, you might get rid of too many hairs and it will take a long time to grow back. To avoid over-tweezing, never use a magnifying mirror and instead use a bathroom mirror that will allow you to see your whole face when you tweeze for the most natural look. Also, draw an outline of your desired eyebrow shape (a professional eyebrow waxer can help you if you’re unsure) and only tweeze hairs that fall outside of your desired shape.
- Use the right color to fill in your brows. Try to go about one shade away from your hair color. If you have light hair, go about one to two shades darker for the color of your eyebrows. If you have very dark hair, go about one to two shades lighter for the most natural look. This will help you create balance and definition and not have crazy eyebrows that make you stand out in a bad way.
- If you wax regularly and have small hairs that show through before your next appointment, you can pluck them carefully. Use a highlighter or concealer to highlight your brow bone and bring definition to your brows and eyes. This will also help hide hairs if you need to before your next appointment.
- If anything else, remember the most basic rule: make sure you have two eyebrows, not one! Pluck any hairs in between the eyes to avoid a unibrow, which isn’t a good look on anyone.
Do you get your eyebrows waxed regularly or do you care for them yourself? Do you use tweezers? Do you feel you have amazing eyebrows or need help? Share with us!