Your skin can become very dry and dull in the winter from extra holiday stress, lack of sleep and freezing temperatures. Here are some tips to use when you need to brighten your skin and revive it this winter.
1. Sleep! At least 6 to 8 hours a night. Your skin needs sleep to repair itself during the night. If you don’t get enough sleep, you won’t be able to restore skin cells and it will allow dark circles, fine lines and wrinkles to become more noticeable and your skin will look dull.
2. Exercise regularly. Exercise boosts circulation in your body which will allow nutrients to reach your skin and flush out toxins. Win, win!
3. Eat healthy and eat mostly vegetables, fruits, whole gains and lean meats. Keep hydrated so your skin stays supple and bright. Drink lots of water and avoid drinking too much alcohol, coffee or pop because it dehydrates your skin and makes it look dull.
4. Try a brightening mask. If you have chronic dull skin, use a brightening mask a few times a week. Then use an illuminating serum in the morning at night with your regular moisturizer. Look up natural and DIY masks you can easily make with items in your kitchen and pantry that will brighten skin or buy one at your local beauty store. There are a few food items that work great to naturally brighten your skin. They include yogurt, lemons, oranges, aloe vera gel, gram flour, honey, papaya, turmeric, cucumber and oatmeal. Lemons and oranges are especially helpful in brightening the skin because of their citrus qualities.
5. Use a self-tanner. If you use the right self-tanner, you can instantly make your face look healthy and glowing. Just avoid anything that makes you look fake and orange. If you aren’t sure how the color will come out, test it on your hand first. Exfoliate and then try a self-tanner made for your face and one made for your body to ensure a great all-over glow.
6. Fix your dark circles. Dark circles just make you look tired and blah. If you consistently have bulky under eye bags and dark circles, try this eye treatment. Try using Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Instant Eye Lift patches under each eye for 10 minutes. These pads are organic and have cucumber, white tea, arnica and Vitamin C in them. They help reduce puffiness. Then use an eye cream that will brighten and de-puff as well. If you still have bad dark circles, use a concealer made specifically to address dark circles and brighten under your eyes.
7. Choose an illuminating concealer and highlighter. First, use a BB cream to moisturize and smooth your skin. Use a light blush and highlighter on your cheekbones for a shimmer effect that will brighten your skin. To make sure your highlighter looks natural, build on the product gradually or choose a powder highlighter instead of a liquid. Youtube and Pinterest have some great tutorials for illuminating concealers and brightening products to instantly brighten your face, make dark circles go away and look fresh in an instant.
8. Lastly, don’t forget to exfoliate the dead skin cells to reveal fresh looking skin and moisturize often to keep your skin nourished.
What tips do you have or what products do you use to keep your face looking bright and fresh? Share with us your secrets!