Dermatologists are the first people you go to when you want answers for something skin related. So what are the tips they follow to have good skin health and what are the things they would never, ever do? Here is a list of things a dermatologist would never do:
- Skip exercise. Exercise is amazing for your skin. It boosts circulation, strengthens your muscles and makes your skin glow. It also relieves stress, which can help a lot of skin conditions that are directly related to stress, such as acne, psoriasis and eczema. So exercise to stay looking and feeling young.
- Sleep on your face. It actually does age your skin faster and cause wrinkles. Try to sleep on your back as often as possible. If you are a notorious face or side sleeper, choose a silk pillowcase to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Not washing off makeup at night. Wearing makeup all day can also collect dirt and bacteria. If you don’t wash your face at night, the makeup, dirt and bacteria is left to clog your pores overnight. This can cause acne and make your skin dull. If you regularly sleep with mascara on, you can dry out your eyelashes and cause them to thin too.
- Tan, especially in a tanning bed. Tanning beds not only increase your risk for skin cancer but it also causes premature wrinkles, sagging and spots on the skin. If you tan before the age of 30, research shows that your risk of melanoma (deadliest form of skin cancer) increases by 75 percent.
- Go outside without sunscreen. Apply a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher to reduce the risk of skin cancer and premature aging. Prevention is always key. It is better to take the extra time to apply sunscreen then it is to have to treat sun spots, wrinkles and even cancer in the future. Sunscreen can also protect you from different skin conditions being aggravated from the sun, such as eczema.
Has your dermatologist told you any other things they would never, ever do? What are some things you would never do to keep your skin healthy and gorgeous? Share with us!