It can be hard to stay properly hydrated. Most of us don’t chug water all day long and often find ourselves thirsty (which means you’re already dehydrated). Here are some ways to stay hydrated that don’t involve drinking tons of plain water.
- Eat more raw fruits and veggies, especially those with a high water content like watermelon, cucumbers, peppers, celery, cauliflower, cantaloupe, honey dew melon, spinach, baby carrots and berries.
- In addition to eating these foods raw, juice them for a delicious and refreshing drink that isn’t boring. Simply putting watermelon in the blender is a really awesome drink. Adding a smoothie to your morning will increase your hydration levels greatly.
- Soak chia seeds because they drink in all the water you are soaking them in. You can then make a chia pudding or add your plump chia seeds to a smoothie.
- Freeze bananas and make banana ice cream. Bananas have a lot of potassium and magnesium which helps replenish lost electrolytes and balance and regulate fluids in your body. Add water when blending to make it a soft serve texture and to sneak in extra hydration.
- Drink lemon water, especially in the morning before breakfast. Drinking water with lemon greatly helps your digestion and often tastes better to people than plain water, so you end up drinking more.
- Make coconut water ice cubes. If you’re bored with drinking plain coconut water or don’t like the taste much, try it as ice cubes in your favorite drinks. Coconut water is a great hydrator and contains potassium, B-vitamins, electrolytes and magnesium. These are great in smoothies.
- Infuse your water with fruits and cucumbers. You can enjoy spa-quality water at home. There are many different recipes on websites like Pinterest for water infused with fruits. You can also buy a water jug with an infuser to easily get the natural fruit juice in your water.
- Remember that drinks like coffee and anything with alcohol dehydrates you. If you’re drinking these beverages, you need to up your water intake. Try to drink one glass of water for every glass of coffee or an alcoholic beverage you drink to keep your body hydrated and healthy.
How do you stay hydrated? Do you drink anything besides water? Will you try any of these tips?