Most women would love to have long hair, but hair doesn’t always grow as fast as you’d like it to. The average person grows hair half an inch per month if your hair is healthy.
There are a few things you can do to keep your hair healthy and help it grow faster:
- Be gentle with your hair care. Limit the amount of chemical treatments and hot tools you use. If you are doing things to damage your hair, it will not grow fast and will continue to break. Don’t wear your hair in a ponytail or bun too frequently or make the ponytail too tight as this will cause breakage.
- Don’t wash it daily. Washing your hair too much will decrease the natural oils that help your hair grow. Don’t wash your hair in hot water either because it will dry out your hair and make it brittle and weak.
- Get a regular trim. If your hair is damaged, it simply will not grow at the same rate that it would if it were healthy. When you get a trim, it will help hair grow faster because there is less repair work to do.
- Massage your scalp (or better yet, have someone do it for you!). It is a great way to help your hair grow faster because it increases your circulation and boosts nutrients to your hair follicles.
- Eat a healthy diet. Hair is made up of keratin, which is a protein that is made up of amino acids. If you want to grow your hair, you must produce amino acids. Include lots of protein in your diet, such as eggs, meat and yogurt.
There are also a few products you can use to encourage faster hair growth:
- Deep conditioning treatments. When your hair is moisturized and healthy it will grow at a much faster rate.
- Heat protectant sprays. If you use a heat protectant spray when you use hot tools, it will help keep the hair from becoming damaged.
- Hair growth supplements and vitamins like biotin.
- Natural oils. There are many great essential oils that help stimulate hair growth. Use them when you get a head massage!
- Protein treatments.
Do you wish your hair would grow faster? What do you do to help your hair grow more quickly? Share with us your favorite tips and products!