Acne can seem like a lifelong enemy. There are many pills, creams and cleansers that rid your skin of those awful bumps. But if you are looking for a simple routine that contains no chemicals and can be found in your kitchen, here is a six step natural routine to stay acne free.
- In the morning, rinse your face with warm water and then massage your face with a ½ teaspoon of Manuka honey or raw honey into skin and rinse. Honey has great antibacterial properties. Manuka honey has extra antibacterial properties which makes it a great choice for your skin.
- In the mornings and evenings, spray your face with rose water toner. Rose water contains pH balancing properties and is anti-inflammatory and antibacterial. It is also very refreshing and perfect for traveling.
- If you need to use a moisturizer, use jojoba oil moisturizer. You can also add other essential oils to your homemade moisturizer such as lavender, tea tree, thyme, rosemary, chamomile or geranium. If you add an essential oil, use 10-12 drops for every 1 oz of jojoba oil. Tea tree essential oil is the best to use if you have a lot of acne.
- Make your own spot treatments and scrubs using Manuka or raw honey, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix equal parts honey and cinnamon and add a pinch of ground nutmeg and mix into a paste that is neither too thick nor too runny. Store it in the fridge. When you use, put on trouble spots or your whole face twice a week to get rid of acne. Just don’t apply to any parts of your skin that might be broken or very irritated.
- Use a clay mask once a week. You can buy clay from a health food or natural foods store. Let it sit until it dries and then rinse off. This helps get rid of any stubborn blackheads.
- In the evening, remove makeup and dirt with oil. It might sound counteractive to cleanse with oil, since oil can contribute to acne, but it works. Try coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil and use 1 teaspoon on dry skin. Massage and then rinse with warm water.
Have you ever used any of these natural cleansers or moisturizers to help heal your skin from acne? Has it worked for you? Share with us your experiences.