Some girls love makeup and think the more the better. But for most of us, a natural “less is more” look is the most flattering. It seems easy, but it can actually be hard to master. Here are some tips on getting the most beautiful natural look with makeup.
- Use a lengthening mascara. Don’t bother with a million coats of mascara or eyeliner. If you do use eyeliner, use a thin line in brown or olive instead of a harsh black. A simple mascara and a few coats will help brighten your eyes without overpowering your natural features. Use an eyelash curler if you want to curl your lashes too and make your eyes look bigger.
- Use concealer to cover any skin problems or dark under-eye circles. Blend well and use the perfect shade of foundation. Any shade that is too dark or too light won’t look natural. Have a makeup artist or professional help you find the right shade for your skin tone.
- Groom your brows. There isn’t anything that can mess up your look more than unruly eyebrows. Pluck any stray hairs, brush them into place and use a gel or eyebrow pencil to fill them in or make them stay in place.
- Use bronzer but don’t overdo it. Use it lightly and apply to areas where the sun would kiss your face naturally like the apples of your cheeks and the bridge of your nose. Less is definitely more here. If you are afraid to use too much bronzer, use a light pink blush on your cheeks for a healthy glow.
- Natural looking skin starts with healthy skin. Moisturize, exfoliate, eat right, drink lots of water and get plenty of sleep. Do these things and chances are you won’t need a lot of makeup. Never sleep with your makeup on either, as this will clog your pores and result in dull skin and breakouts.
- You might be tempted to cover up your “imperfections” such as beauty marks or freckles. Let these features shine and don’t be afraid to be you! You’re beautiful with or without makeup.
- Lastly, choose subtle eye shadows and lip colors that are good for your skin tone and eye color.
Do you often choose a natural makeup look? What are your favorite tips to getting the best natural look possible?