Skin issues can be caused from a range of external and internal factors. But did you know that you can squash a lot of these issues with healthy eating? It is true! Here are some of the best foods for a range of skin problems.
- Blueberries contain a lot of Vitamin C. This antioxidant can help you get rid of scarring and pigmentation. So if you have a lot of skin damage from the sun, eat up!
- Fish that contains omega-3 fatty acids, such as mackerel, salmon and sardines can help remove free radicals from the skin and can balance your oils. Healthy fats are great for your skin because it helps give you a glowing complexion.
- Whole grains. Switch out white breads or pastas for whole grain options. You’ll get a better amount of nutrients and dietary fiber. This will help keep digestive issues at bay that may lead to skin irritation.
- While this isn’t a food, hydration is key for healthy skin. If you don’t drink enough water, your skin will be very dry and dull.
- Green tea. Green tea is another drink for healthy skin. Green tea has antioxidants that fight free radicals and can remove scarring and pigmentation. It also has been shown to fight the effects of aging.
- Yogurt is another great food for your digestion. Digestive issues can lead to skin infection or inflammation. So take care of your tummy and your skin will thank you too!
- Sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes contain a lot of Vitamin A, which helps reduce wrinkles and effects of aging. Many anti-aging products contain Vitamin A, but it is actually more effective to get this vitamin in your diet.
- Broccoli contains Vitamin E, which keeps the skin hydrated properly. It also contains Vitamins A and C, which we’ve learned are great for the skin because they contain antioxidants that fight aging and free radicals.
- Avocadoes contain a lot of healthy fats and Vitamins A and C. It helps get rid of pigmentation, scarring and aid in hydration. Avocadoes are great to use as a face mask as well.
- Lastly, Vitamin D. Vitamin D can be produced in your body from the sun, from different foods and from supplements. It is essential for fighting aging lines and free radicals.
What foods will you try for your skin issues? Do you find eating healthier heals your skin? Share with us!