Hair breakage is caused when your hair breaks or has split ends. It can plague almost anyone at any stage of life. Here are some easy and effective home remedies to help reverse the damage of hair breakage.
- Olive oil. Hair often breaks because it is dry and brittle. When you use warm olive oil as a deep conditioner, it will help heal the breakage and make your hair smooth, soft and silky. Simply warm a half a cup of olive oil in the microwave and gently apply on your scalp. Work it through your hair and wrap in a warm towel for an hour or longer. Rinse and shampoo to get out all of the olive oil.
- It seems odd, but beer is great for your hair! Massage it into your hair and let it soak for 15 minutes. Rinse out really well to get rid of the smell. You do not need to shampoo.
- Egg Yolk. Whisk an egg yolk and blend with two tablespoons of olive oil. Wet your hair and put the mixture on your head and use it on your hair, not your scalp. Leave it on for as long as you can tolerate the smell, then rinse and shampoo as usual. You can do this once a week.
- Once a week, use mayonnaise and massage into your scalp and work its way through your hair and let sit for about 30 minutes. It will condition and strengthen your hair.
- Coconut oil. Heat the oil and apply to your scalp and down to the ends and use a shower cap or towel to cover it up. You can leave it on overnight or at least an hour to strengthen hair and reduce breakage.
- Vitamin E capsules. Break 5-6 capsules of Vitamin E into your shampoo and wash as usual. It will help your shampoo to reduce hair’s breakage and enhance growth.
- Protein supplements. If you find these home remedies aren’t really working for you, you might need more protein. Eat more protein and use protein rich shampoos and conditioners to reduce hair’s breakage and reverse effects of chemicals you may have used on your hair.
- Lastly, a few tips: don’t brush your hair when wet, limit the use of hot styling tools and space out coloring and other chemical treatments. These things will only cause your hair to break more easily. Don’t forget to get regular trims too!
Do you suffer from hair breakage often? Will you try any of these easy home remedies?