Certain makeup rules may not work for everyone. What works for one person, may not work for another so now is the time to ignore all those so called “rules” you’ve heard about makeup and go your own way! Here are a few in specific that you should ignore and just go with what looks best on you:
- You need contouring to look amazing. The truth is that you don’t need to contour. Your best bet is a natural look with foundation or powder and bronzer and/or blush. If someone can see your makeup from ten feet away, you’re definitely wearing way too much. You want to still look like yourself.
- You might have heard you shouldn’t pair a smoky eye with a colored lip, but why not? Sure, both looks can be heavy when paired, but if you feel confident in that style, go for it.
- Glitter is only for kids. Everyone can go glam with a little glitter every once in a while. Key word: little. Go for subtle glitter around the eyes and on the lips and only wear when going out, not for the office.
- Don’t wear black eyeliner during the day. It really depends. A thick, cat eye might be too much for the office, but a subtle line will only enhance your gorgeous eyes. If you think it looks too harsh, try brown eyeliner.
- Make sure your eyebrows are filled and thick! Well, this is true, but some people overfill their brows. Make sure to maintain your brows and don’t worry much about filling them in unless they are very sparse. Also make sure to match the color correctly so it looks as natural as possible.
- Only use a matte bronzer and avoid shimmer. This goes along with the glitter “rule”. Bronzer with a shimmer is great, unless you over-do it. If you’re looking to cover up imperfections however, go for a matte bronzer which does a better job of hiding areas you want to hide.
- Lip liner is for old people. Not so fast! If you want a perfect pout, lip liner will help you get there. You can create a shadow on your upper and lower lips for an amazing lip look and it will help keep your lipstick in place.
Have you ever heard of these makeup “rules”? Maybe you even follow them! Share with us if any of these surprised you!