If the thought of washing your hair sends you into a panic because you know how long it takes to dry and style, read on. Drying your hair can be a real pain, but use some of this advice to make your hair dry faster and get out the door sooner:
- Always use conditioner. Conditioner will hydrate your hair and it actually repels water too. Conditioner will help seal in moisture after you shampoo and avoid absorbing more water than you need to.
- Wring out your hair in the shower. Don’t leave the shower with hair that is dripping wet. Flip your head upside down and shake out the water while you’re still in the shower with the water off and then wring it out in sections. This will help get rid of excess water before you ever put it in a towel.
- Get a microfiber towel. Microfiber is very absorbent and will help minimize breakage. If you have really curly hair, try using a cotton t-shirt to avoid frizz.
- Focus on drying your roots because they generally take longer to dry. Remove as much water as possible around your part to speed up styling time.
- Get a towel turban. Wrapping your hair up in a towel turban that will stay put better than a regular towel can help you get ready while your hair is wet and style your hair last. By the time you’re ready to style, your hair should be much drier. However, make sure to check that the towel isn’t too wet or it will defeat the purpose.
- Use a wide-toothed comb if you need to brush your hair or try a microfiber brush. Use a wide-toothed comb to separate the hair and avoid tangles. There are also now brushes with microfiber material that help soak up more water as you brush.
- If you’re in a rush, blow dry but use a product. Try a product that helps cut down on dry time or helps get rid of frizz. Section the hair and blow dry with low heat to reduce damage.
- Lastly, leave it wet! As the weather heats up, let the sun naturally dry your hair and rock a natural look.
Do you have a hard time letting your hair air dry? How do you usually dry your hair? Share with us!