Unfortunately, frizzy hair can plague anyone with any hair type. It can strike even worse in the summer with the heat and humidity rising. There are a few ways to keep frizzy hair at bay. Here is a list of ways to get rid of frizzy hair quickly and easily:
- Start out with shampoo and conditioner that helps tame frizz and fly-aways and heal damaged hair. Frizz often appears because your hair is damaged. Use a deep conditioner at least once a week, especially if you swim or are out in the sun often.
- Dry your hair properly. Hair is very fragile when wet. When towel drying, squeeze your hair instead of rubbing and try using an old T-shirt instead of a towel. It is much gentler on your hair. If you are blow drying your hair, use a heat protectant. If you want straight hair, use a special brush to pull it straight as you dry and it will help eliminate frizz. If you have curly hair, use a diffuser on your hair dryer to help eliminate frizz.
- Don’t use a brush on wet hair. Instead use a comb to gently comb through any tangles.
- Use treatments designed to tame frizz. If you need a little extra help, get some serum or spray that helps tame frizz after you’ve dried your hair. You may also need special conditioning treatments. If you have fine hair, look for dry oils. If you have coarse hair, choose a regular oil or cream. Don’t use too much product or it can make any type of hair look greasy.
- Use hairspray, lotion or dryer sheets to tame on the go. Put hair spray on a clean toothbrush and wipe along where you have frizz or fly-aways. A little lotion on your hands and running your hands over any frizzy areas can get rid of frizz in a pinch. You can also use a dryer sheet to reduce any hair issues caused by static.
Do you get frizzy hair or fly-aways? Does it get worse in the summer? What is your favorite product or trick to get rid of frizz in an instant? Share with us!