Hair breakage is a common problem for anyone with hair. In addition to getting regular trims, staying away from using too many heat products, not brushing your hair when wet and taking good care of your hair in general, there are some natural home remedies to keep your hair smooth and breakage-free.
- Olive oil. Hair breakage is usually caused by dry hair and warm olive oil acts as a natural, deep conditioner. Warm a cup of olive oil and apply to your scalp and work through your hair. Wrap your hair in a warm towel for an hour and then rinse and shampoo. Your hair should feel very moisturized and smooth afterwards.
- It sounds strange, but beer is great for your hair! Pour it on your head and massage into your hair and let sit for about 15 minutes. Just rinse out very well.
- Egg yolk. Take one egg yolk, whisk and add two tablespoons of olive oil. Put the mixture on your hair, but not your scalp. Concentrate on the ends and leave the mixture on for a few minutes and then rinse and shampoo as usual.
- Work the mayonnaise through your scalp and hair and let sit for about 30 minutes. Rinse and shampoo as usual after. Mayonnaise is great for conditioning your hair!
- Coconut oil or any type of oil. You can heat any type of oil and apply it to your scalp and hair. You can leave it on for an hour or even overnight if you put your hair in a towel or shower cap. It will leave your hair extremely soft and moisturized and help heal any breakage.
- Vitamin E. Break open 5-6 capsules of vitamin E and put in your shampoo or conditioner and wash as usual. It will help reduce breakage and enhance hair’s growth.
- Protein supplements. If you find these home remedies aren’t working well for you, you might need more protein to strengthen your hair. Try getting more protein in your diet or using protein rich shampoos and conditioners. It will help reduce hair’s breakage.
Do you have hair breakage? What do you do to reduce it? Have you ever tried any of these home remedies?