Many people have anxiety. Whether it is frequent and you have an anxiety disorder or you just get anxious from time to time, you can change some lifestyle habits to help you stay anxiety free. There are many factors and triggers to anxiety and they are different for everyone. Try some of these healthy choices to ease anxiety:
- Buy fresh flowers for your home. Fresh flowers can brighten up your home and put a smile on your face.
- In addition to fresh flowers, decorate your home with colors and things that make you happy. Keep your home tidy, as clutter and mess can stress you out. Buy colorful paintings or anything that puts you in a good mood. Inspirational quotes are also a great addition to your home.
- Self-help books are for everyone! They can help you find other ways to cope with anxiety and help you feel like you’re not alone in dealing with this.
- Be in tune with nature. Nature and exercise are two great things for easing anxiety so make sure to get your fill, especially when you’re feeling anxious.
- Eat a healthy diet and fill your body with fruits and vegetables. Try having a green juice or smoothie in the morning to start your day off with lots of fruits and veggies and give you some healthy energy.
- Meditate every day. Meditation can help you bring your focus back to the present because anxiety can often be focused on worrying about the future. If you aren’t sure how to start meditating, look up beginner meditations and postures to help get you started.
- Set a good work/life balance. Don’t check emails or take work phone calls after a certain time and try to leave work stress at work.
- Gardening is a great relaxing activity that lets you be with nature and focus on something besides your anxiety.
- Be creative. If gardening isn’t your thing, pick a hobby that will get you out of your own head and let you have fun. It could be as simple as a puzzle or more complex like dancing or cooking.
- Lastly, stay away from triggers. Alcohol, caffeine, sugar and other stimulants can give you anxiety so tread carefully. Learn to avoid things that trigger anxiety in you if you can.
Do you suffer from anxiety? What do you do to cope? Share with us!