We all pretty much know what we need to eat and what not to eat to be healthy. But it can be hard to actually follow through. The problem is that so many unhealthy foods are very convenient and easy to grab and go when you’re super busy. The best way to eat healthier is to prepare for the week ahead of time and know what you’re going to eat. Here are some simple tips to eat healthier:
- Prep vegetables for the week for salads and snacks. Cut up or chop various vegetables and put them in containers so they are ready for salads for lunch or dinners or simple snacks.
- Roast the rest of your vegetables. Roast pieces of vegetables with olive oil, salt and whatever type of herbs you like. Roast for about 30 minutes until they’re browned. These are great for dinners.
- Make some protein balls for an easy snack anytime. Look up recipes. I’ve seen plenty of recipes on Pinterest and healthy living blogs. Look for recipes without added sugar.
- Bake some protein for easy lunches or dinners. Bake meat, chicken or fish ahead of time if you know you’re going to be extra busy.
- Fill your ice cartons with different liquids for smoothies. Think coconut milk or coconut water, almond milk, or even coffee. Then you can add these in very easily to smoothies with berries, bananas and greens for a healthy breakfast or snack.
- Stock up on essentials. Stock up on pantry essentials so when you grocery shop you mostly just have to get fresh produce. Some examples are grains, nuts and seeds, oils, almond or peanut butter, apple cider vinegar, herbs, honey and spices. Then you have plenty on hand and just have to get fresh fruits, vegetables and proteins.
What do you do to prep for the week and make sure you eat healthy all week? Do you make salads and meals ahead of time? Share with us your tips!