It can be painful to wait for your hair to grow. You might lust after a long hair style and find extensions too expensive or damaging for your hair type. So how do you make your hair grow faster? There are a few tips that can help your hair grow faster. Remember that everyone’s hair grows differently depending on genetics but the average is six inches per year. It is also key to keep your hair healthy and to avoid breakage and damage from hot tools and styling, coloring and simply not caring for your hair correctly. Here are a few suggestions to try:
- Give yourself a scalp massage. When you wash your hair, take a few extra minutes to massage your scalp to promote hair growth. It will help stimulate blood flow which stimulates hair growth. Also try a warm oil scalp massage. You can use coconut oil, olive oil or linen oil. Warm it up, but don’t make it too hot where you may burn your scalp. Massage it in and leave on for a half an hour, then shampoo as usual. It will also condition your hair.
- Trim your hair regularly to avoid damage and breakage, which can halt hair growth. Try to get a trim every six weeks or ask your hairstylist for a recommended time.
- Eat healthy and take supplements. Load up on protein rich foods, which help keep your hair strong and stimulate hair growth. Try eating more eggs, chicken, fish, nuts and red meat. Also add supplements such as Biotin, B vitamins and Niacin, which help promote healthy hair, skin and nails.
- Use the correct shampoo and conditioner for your hair type. Ask your stylist for the best type and brand of shampoo and conditioner for your hair as well as how often to wash it. You may also need to switch types during different seasons when you have different hair concerns. For example, your hair and scalp can become drier in winter months. Look for products with keratin, which is a protein that helps strengthen and grow your hair. Keep your scalp healthy and only apply conditioner to the ends. If you apply conditioner to your scalp it could clog the pores and halt hair growth.
- Prevent breakage by brushing your hair properly. Use a vent or paddle brush and only use when dry. Use a comb to gently comb wet hair.
- If you color your hair, protect it by using the correct shampoo and conditioner and amping up your conditioning routine. If you notice a lot of damage from coloring or using hot tools, give your hair a break.
- Use a DIY hair mask to help your hair grow. All you need to do is mix one egg yolk, one tablespoon of honey, one tablespoon of virgin olive oil or coconut oil and one tablespoon of vodka or Cognac. After mixing, massage into your hair and leave in for thirty minutes then wash and condition as usual. Use this mask once a week for best results to help strengthen and grow your hair quickly.
- If you want your hair to look long right now, ask your stylist about extensions. There are many different kinds so you might find one that works for your hair type and your budget and you can have long locks while you wait for your natural hair to grow out.
Do you want to grow your hair out? Have you ever tried? What gave you the best results? Share with us your tips!