Most of us take selfies. Some of us have spent hours applying the perfect routine of makeup to get the best picture possible. Here are some tips for looking your best on camera:
- Use a moisture mask. Moisturized skin looks healthy and can help your makeup look better in photographs. Also be sure to drink lots of water and use moisturizer daily.
- Use the best foundation and concealer for your skin type. Use concealer for under your eyes and any blemishes or marks. Then use a sheer application of foundation. If you’re unsure of what type of foundation or color to use for your best look, ask a makeup artist or someone trained to help you choose correctly. Finish with a translucent setting powder to avoid oily skin and help your face look perfect in a photo. Try looking for a matte setting powder to really avoid any oily skin.
- Your best bet for looking amazing in your photos is to highlight. Highlight on your cheekbones, under your brows, down the bridge of your nose and above your lip. There are many different highlighters to use so try a few and pick your favorite. Ask for help if you are unsure on a color.
- Use a cream blush. A fresh, rosy cheek is great for photos. Cream blush looks the best in photos and will last a long time. Just be sure not to over-do it or else you might look like a clown.
- Make sure to curl your lashes. If you curl your lashes, more light can hit your eye and your eyes will look bigger and brighter.
- Accentuate your best feature. If your eyes pop, focus on those and ease up on your cheeks and lips. If you want to do a red lip, keep your eye makeup more neutral and toned down.
- When you’re done with your look, find the best lighting and angle. Think about the Demi Lovato “Poot” debacle. She looked gorgeous, but with a photo taken at a horrible angle in horrible lighting, it looked nothing like Demi. Aim to take photos from slightly above, find great lighting and figure out your best side.
Are you a selfie queen? Do you know how to use makeup to your best photo advantage? Share with us your tips or if you plan to use any of these!