There are many reasons you could be exhausted. You could have a change in your schedule, haven’t been sleeping well, haven’t been eating correctly, and so on. Here are some reasons you might be tired all the time that aren’t food related and how to feel better:
- You’re living with or hanging out with energy vampires. I don’t mean real vampires, but I mean the people that you hang out with and you feel exhausted afterwards. It could be because they ask too much of you, complain too much or simply drain your energy by being negative. Take stock of who these people are and what you want to do. Some people you may need to cut out of your life, some you may just have to talk to about it and sometimes you just need to take a break from them. Figure out what you need to do to protect your precious energy.
- You’re not feeling fulfilled and happy. If you are feeling down, depressed or unfulfilled in life, you could be losing energy left and right. This could cause you to feel exhausted all of the time. Take a look at your life and see what changes you could make. If you need to keep your job and can’t get away from your crazy mother-in-law, at least start a new hobby or donate to a cause you care about. Little things can help.
- Set time for fun and self-care. If you are someone who prioritizes your work, kids, school, family or anything and everything else before yourself, you need to start doing things for YOU! If you are drained, you won’t be very helpful to those who need you or do a good job at work or school.
- Be more productive. Stop multi-tasking and work on prioritizing your day more effectively. Make a to-do list at the start of every day and choose the top three things you need to do that day. Then do them!
- Set goals and work on them to energize your life. What makes you excited, energized and happy in life? Take the time to figure out your purpose and take steps to change your life. You might be feeling exhausted simply because you aren’t living your life’s purpose and are stuck in a dead end job.
Do you agree or disagree with these reasons you might be tired all of the time? Have you ever changed your life and in turn, changed your energy levels? Share your experiences with us!