If you’re worried about aging prematurely, you might be willing to try anything. In addition to being hydrated, eating healthy and exercising, you may want to add some of these supplements to your routine to fight the look of aging. Here are ten of the best anti-aging supplements:
- Coenzyme Q-10 or commonly known as CoQ10 is an enzyme that is produced by your body. As you age, you create less of this enzyme naturally. Taking CoQ10 as a supplement can help prevent your blood from clotting, act as an antioxidant that protects cells from damage and can even help prevent heart disease.
- Resveratrol is a polyphenol you can take as a supplement or find in grapes and berries. It helps to increase insulin sensitivity and decrease glucose levels which can be very beneficial to those with diabetes. It also helps maintain a protein called sirtuin which helps your cells have longevity, which makes you look younger.
- Aspirin.You might think of aspirin as something you take for a headache, but taking a small dose every day can actually help you have better blood circulation and reducing your risk of blood clots. It also has been shown to reduce your risk of colon cancer.
- Carnitine is a nutrient that helps convert stored fat into energy. Your liver and kidney produce this nutrient, but reduces as you age. It can also treat common chest pain problems, reduce signs of Alzheimer’s disease, treat depression and dementia and increase fertility in men.
- Omega-3 and fish oil. Fish oil is great for keeping your heart and mind healthy. It can help reduce your risk of heart problems, glaucoma and macular degeneration.
- GTF Chromium is a more complex version of chromium, which is found in your body naturally. It helps keep your skin looking young and it helps insulin become more effective.
- Hesperidin. This supplement helps increase tightness in our veins and improves blood flow for smoother and age-less looking skin. It also reduces inflammation in your veins, which helps keep your heart healthy.
- Idebenone is an antioxidant that helps repair damage caused simply by aging by penetrating deep into skin.
- Imedeen is a supplement with protein from deep sea fish that increases the production of collagen and elastin. Both of which help keep your skin firm. It also helps moisturize the skin, which keeps it looking younger.
- Last but not least, heliocare is a fern extract which helps protect from the effects of the sun and can help reduce UVA related damage in your skin. It also helps reduce wrinkles.
Have you tried any of these supplements for anti-aging? Tell us your favorites!