If you’re interested in slowing down your signs of aging but don’t want to use anything toxic, you might want to look into ayurvedic medicines that have been around for ages. Some are foods or natural elements found from the earth. Here are the best:
- Shilajit is available in Ayurvedic stores and generally comes in a powder or supplement form. It has excellent anti-aging skin properties.
- Chyawanprash helps build immunity and can remove toxins from skin and help reduce acne. You take it in liquid form and it contains many herbs, minerals and fruits.
- Honey is very common and can be used on your skin to moisturize and keep wrinkles away. Honey is an antioxidant that helps your skin look younger as well. Eat a spoonful of honey a day and put some on your face to look younger.
- Strawberries also have a lot of antioxidants and can help you look younger by eating them and applying them to your skin.
- Rasayana is a blend of forty essential herbs and consuming it can make your skin look younger and feel softer. It is available in powder or tablet forms.
- Essential oils (especially a mix of almond, sandalwood and rosewood) are great for your skin and anti-aging. You can combine them in a bath or massage them on your face and neck to reduce wrinkles.
- Ashwagandha comes in capsule form and can help make your skin glow and rejuvenate the skin. It has been called the Indian Ginseng.
- Milk and almond paste can remove signs of aging on the skin. Soak almonds overnight then peel them the next day. Grind to a paste and add milk until it is not too liquid or too thick. Apply to face and leave on for a half an hour.
- Amla is a green fruit which is great for your skin and hair. It is also known as the Indian Gooseberry. Look for amla in the ingredients in natural skincare products.
- Lemon juice is great for brightening the skin. Apply the lemon juice directly to your face and leave on for five minutes then rinse with cold water. It will reduce the appearance of acne and age spots as well. Drinking lemon water in the morning is also beneficial to your health and skin.
What is your favorite natural or Ayurvedic medicine for better and younger looking skin? Share with us!