It can be difficult to find time in the evening to relax before bed. You know you need your 7-8 hours of sleep a night, but find it hard to get even that. Yet, taking a few more minutes in the evening to work on a beauty routine can make getting up and getting ready in the morning much easier. It can also help you feel more beautiful and confident when you get up. You can find a routine that lets you spend less time in the morning getting ready. Here are a few tips to try:
- Make sure your cuticles and hands are hydrated. Before you hop into bed, apply a thin layer of coconut oil, moisturizing lotion or multi-purpose balm. Take time to massage your hands and rub the lotion or oil into your cuticles. You can then wear gloves or clean socks to bed to really soak that moisture in overnight.
- Use a coffee scrub to exfoliate, brighten, firm and encourage circulation in your skin. Use a full-body scrub in the shower or simply scrub your face after you wash it. You will have smooth skin when you wake up.
- Find a great eye cream to keep dark circles and bags at bay. If you regularly have dark circles or bags, make sure you are keeping hydrated. If you still get them, use an eye cream every night. You can find one that is specifically for your skin type or skin issue, such as one that hydrates or one that brightens. This will also help smooth wrinkles and keep them away.
- Try lemongrass oil as a toner for your skin. Lemongrass essential oil has detoxifying and regenerative properties so they are great for your skin and keeping it looking healthy and young. Be sure to use a legitimate brand like Young Living Oils or Doterra and dilute with water or coconut oil, especially if you have sensitive skin.
- Deep condition your hair overnight for a soft, silky mane in the morning. Try a deep conditioning hair mask. There are many out there you can use from ones that you leave on in the shower and wash out before bed or ones that you leave on all night with a shower cap on. Try a few and see which ones work best for your hair and make you feel your best.
What are your favorite bedtime beauty rituals? Share with us your favorites or which ones you plan on trying!