Baking soda is a staple in most household pantries. But, baking soda isn’t just for cooking and cleaning! It has many other health benefits. Here are a few of the best:
- Baking soda is a great item to add to your beauty routine that can eliminate the need for expensive and chemically-filled products. Use baking soda as a scrub to get rid of dead skin cells and get the perfect, smooth skin. Mix 3 parts baking soda with 1 part water to create a mild exfoliator, which is great for sensitive skin. You can also use this homemade scrub before applying self-tanner to avoid streaks.
- Create your own dry shampoo and wash and style your hair less. Mix ¼ cup arrowroot powder, 1 tablespoon of baking soda and one drop of your favorite essential oil (lavender or a citrus oil are good ones to use). Dip a large, wide brush into the mixture and apply to the roots of your hair after you shake off the excess powder. It will soak up oil, get rid of odor and make your hair smell and feel cleaner in an instant!
- Make a foot soak and toenail-brightening scrub, perfect for the transition from winter to summer. Dissolve three tablespoons of baking soda into a tub of warm water and add lemon slices. It will cleanse and brighten your feet. Leave in for 10-15 minutes and you can also use a paste of baking soda and water to exfoliate and brighten your nails.
- If you have a lot of product buildup, try baking soda instead of a clarifying shampoo. Products in your hair can cause buildup, making your hair itchy, dull and limp. Add a teaspoon of baking soda to your shampoo and on your scalp to remove buildup quickly.
- Whiten your teeth without expensive treatments that make your teeth sensitive. Wet your toothbrush and put some baking soda on it to scrub and remove stains from teeth. Rinse well.
- Soothe a nasty sunburn. Mix 4 tablespoons into one quart of water and wet a washcloth with the mixture and apply to your sunburn. You can also use it for other burns to take the heat out of it.
What are some other ways you use baking soda? Which use on this list are you most excited to try? Share with us!