No matter your age, you probably have had a painful period a time or two (or every month). You might be trying to switch to more natural remedies and have become wary of popping pills every month for relief from pain, bloating, fatigue and generally feeling crappy.
While essential oils are a great way to relieve pain and balance hormones, flower essences are also proven to be helpful. Flower essences are vibrational infusions made from real wild flowers. There is a unique process that brings the vibrational signature from different flower blossoms to imprint in pure water. Don’t lose me yet. This practice has been around for centuries. You may have even heard of Bach Flower Remedies, which sells a popular natural treatment for anxiety sufferers.
You can apply a few drops to pulse points, temples, neck, wrists or your feet. You can also massage with them, bathe with them or buy a mist. Here are a few that can help with painful periods:
- Bushilla is a Peruvian flower. It helps female reproductive issues and is thought to balance and heal relationships with feminine energy. This would be a great one if dealing with infertility or PMS crankiness.
- Masdevallia Veitchiana. This is another Peruvian flower used to soothe PMS and hot flashes. It has been shown to aid in birthing and balancing feminine energies.
- Wild Potato. This is another Peruvian flower that promotes joyous relationships. It can helpful when dealing with PMS mood swings because it promotes positive energy.
- Lavender has always been a staple for relaxation and anti-inflammation. It can help you feel better and more relaxed. It can also promote creativity which can take your mind off your pain.
- Try mixing all of these except swap out wild potato for cacao. This blend can help cramps, bloating, mood swings and cravings.
- They can also be found in supplements to help ward off PMS and period pain. Blends or supplements can be your best bet because they combine the healing powers of many flower essences at once. Ask your doctor if these are right for you.
Do you experience bad PMS or period pain? Are you interested in trying a more natural approach to feeling better around your period? Have you ever tried any flower essences? Have you tried any Bach Flower remedies? Share with us your story!