If you’re looking to lose weight, it can be hard to stop snacking all day or know when you’re actually full when you get hungry all the time. There are natural appetite suppressants! You don’t need to turn to a pill or something that sounds too good to be true. Snack on these healthy items during the day to remain fuller for longer. Here’s a list:
- Almonds contain antioxidants, vitamin E and magnesium. They have also been shown to increase the feelings of fullness. Just a handful is a great and healthy snack to keep cravings at bay!
- A cup of coffee a day can help give you the right amount of caffeine and antioxidants needed to keep you full. It can also help boost your metabolism and suppress your appetite. Just don’t add too much sugar or cream!
- Ginger is great for stomach aches, but it also is great for energy and digestion, which makes you less hungry. Add it to a smoothie!
- Avocados are full of fiber and healthy fats. They suppress your appetite by sending signals to your brain that you are full!
- Cayenne pepper. Spicy foods are great for boosting your metabolism and helping your body burn extra calories on its own.
- Apples contain fiber and pectin, both help you feel full. Also, apples require a lot of chewing, which can signal to your brain that you are full.
- Staying hydrated is key to avoiding mindless snacking. Try to drink a few glasses of water before a meal to eat less calories during your meal.
- Sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are a healthy carb that resist digestive enzymes, which makes them stay in your stomach longer and keeps you full.
- Dark chocolate. If you are a chocoholic, try switching to dark chocolate with at least 70 percent cocoa. You probably won’t be able to eat as much, but it will satisfy your sweet craving. The bitter taste to it will also help decrease your appetite.
- Try adding Tofu to a stir fry. It has been shown to suppress appetite due to high levels of an isoflavone called genistein.
- Green tea. If you don’t like coffee or can’t handle the caffeine, try green tea. Green tea has lots of great antioxidants level out your blood sugar. When your blood sugar is stable, your hunger is more level.
Have you tried any of these natural appetite suppressants? Which is your favorite?