Unless you are a celebrity with all the cash in the world to spend on personal trainers, supplements, chefs and beauty treatments, you probably have one thing. Cellulite. We all have it, whether you are a size 0 or 20. It doesn’t discriminate. You might have more based on weight or genetics, but cellulite is simply caused by fat cells pushed up against the skin and fibrous tissue that connects to our muscles pulled down, causing bumpy skin. You probably can’t get rid of cellulite completely, but you certainly can reduce it. Here are a few tips:
- Since cellulite is actually a type of fat, you need cardio to help burn it off. Intense cardio workouts are great, but see your doctor if you are new to this type of exercise and start slow. Rome wasn’t built in a day and you won’t be a pro athlete in a day either, so don’t worry! Try running, cycling, hiking or a cardio class at your local gym or from a DVD. It may take several months, but you should see a difference if you stick with it.
- Work on toning trouble areas. For example, if you find a lot of cellulite on your arms, try a strength training routine for your arms. There are plenty of classes, online videos or DVDs that target whatever area you need help strengthening and toning.
- Eat healthy! Since cellulite is fat, exercise isn’t all you need. You need to eat better and maintain a healthy weight. Try changing your diet to more fruits and veggies, lean proteins and whole grains. Drink lots of water too! Staying hydrated is key to staying trim and improving your skin’s texture.
- Get all your beauty rest. Getting quality sleep helps with just about everything, including reducing cellulite.
- Ask your dermatologist for cellulite treatments and creams if you would like a faster fix.
- Lastly, simply embrace the body you have! No matter how much you exercise and eat healthy, you have one body and learn to love it. Don’t waste your time and energy feeling bad about yourself and covering up your thighs at the beach because you have a little cellulite. Chances are that no one will notice except you, but they will notice if you shy away and act insecure.
Do you have cellulite? What have you tried to get rid of it that worked? What didn’t work? Share with us!