Did you know there are certain foods that help boost your metabolism? These foods are packed with protein and can help you whittle your waist! Read on for a list of foods to pick up next time you’re in the grocery store:
- Avocados are a healthy fat and contain all 9 essential amino acids, plus omega-3 fatty acids.
- Cheese and milk. If you avoid dairy, try coconut milk!
- Tempeh is a great meat alternative.
- Think black beans, chickpeas or lentils. Adding them to quinoa is a great protein packed meal.
- Greek yogurt.
- Tree nuts. Think walnuts or almonds.
- It contains lots of good stuff like iron, zinc and magnesium.
- Whey protein. Try a plant based protein if you are vegan or avoid dairy or soy.
- Another soy powerhouse.
- Fish and shellfish.
- Grain-like seeds. Think quinoa, buckwheat and amaranth. They have more protein than traditional grains.
- Poultry and pork.
- Hemp seeds.
- Cottage cheese.
Do you know how to use these foods to boost your metabolism properly? Here are some tips:
- Start boosting first thing at breakfast. A healthy breakfast can set the tone for your whole day. It will jump start your metabolism and keep your energy high all day.
- Drink lots of water!
- Drink coffee or tea. Caffeine can help give you that extra boost.
- Eat enough! You might think you need to eat less to lose weight and boost metabolism, but not eating enough can slow down your metabolism too. When you eat less than you need to, your body stops your metabolism and breaks down muscle instead of fat for energy. Eat small meals throughout the day.
Did you know all of these foods help boost your metabolism? Which ones are your favorites? Which ones surprised you? Share with us!