Sounds impossible right? For the most part, muscles don’t miraculously show up after one day of working out. But if you are fit, a great workout can give you instant definition. Try performing certain moves in three to five sets of eight to 12 reps. Here are some of the best moves for instant results:
- Kettlebell swings. Find a kettlebell weight that is right for you first. It should be heavy enough for a challenge, but not so heavy that you tip over when you try to swing it. Then stand tall with your feet shoulder-width apart. Bend your knees and push your hips back as you grab your kettlebell with both hands. Swing the kettlebell back between your legs. Then straighten your legs and thrust your hips forward, squeeze your butt and swing the kettlebell up in front of your chest. Let it fall back through your legs. All of this is one rep. A kettlebell swing is great for working muscles in your butt, back and hamstrings. It can also help reduce bloating and constipation. Bonus!
- Deadlifts are great for a bigger and firmer booty. Use dumbbells and hold them at an arm’s length in front of your thighs. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and knees slightly bent. Bend at your hips, not your knees, and lower your torso until its almost parallel with the floor. Take a breath there and then raise back up to starting position. That is one rep.
- Resistance band bicep curls. Resistance bands are great for bicep curls because they provide continuous tension in the muscles and you’ll look toned all day. Stand on the center of a resistance band with your feet about shoulder-width apart and adjust if you need to. Hold the handles at your sides with your elbows right next to your waist. Slowly curl your arms up to your shoulders, and then back down. Remember to keep your core tight and engaged. That’s one rep.
- Assisted chin-ups. Chin-ups help build definition in your arms, shoulders and back. You can use either a chin-up machine or a chin-up bar. The machine will give you instructions. If you use a chin-up bar, grab the bar with your hands shoulder-width apart, palms facing towards you. Let your body hang, squeeze your back and use your core to help you pull your chest to the bar. Hold tight then lower back down. That is one rep.
- Resisted bird-dog. This is a great one for your core and your butt. Perform as many reps as you can before a big night out. Get on all fours and then place a resistance band handle around one of your feet. Hold the other handle with the opposite hand so that the band is stretched out. Then extend the banded arm and leg so that your body forms a straight line from head to heel. Make sure to squeeze your glutes and keep your core tight. That is one rep. Make sure to switch arms and legs.
- Man-makers. These aren’t just for men! They’re great for your arms, legs, shoulders and core. Get into a plank position and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Perform a single row with each arm and then jump or step your feet forward (think like a burpee). Then press the dumbbells straight overhead and then lower the dumbbells to your sides. That is one rep. Whew!
- Lastly, sumo squats. These are great for your thighs and booty. Stand with your feet more than shoulder-width apart and your toes turned out to about 45 degrees. With your hands clasped in front of you, keep your core engaged and lower your body as far into a seated position as you can. Take a pause, then slowly push through your glutes and inner thighs to return to start. That’s one rep.
Do you ever need a quick workout to show definition instantly? Do you do any of these exercises regularly? Share with us your favorite exercises!