Valentine’s day is coming up soon! You might be excited to spend it with your new significant other, planning a romantic date with your husband or wife, ready to dance with your girlfriends or secretly (or not so secretly) dreading and hating on the Hallmark holiday. Whatever your status is, here are some options to consider on this day of love:
- Treat yourself to your favorite dinner. It could be going out to a favorite restaurant, cooking a meal or ordering takeout. Think about what makes you happy or if you’re coupled, what you both want. Forget about the calories or the price for one day and indulge! Also remember to savor your meal.
- Try a new yoga, Pilates or other workout class. Ask about any special couple’s classes or ask a friend to join you. Working out is a great way to get some healthy endorphins, relax and take care of yourself. Whether you go with someone or head to the class solo, know that you are taking good care of yourself on Valentine’s Day.
- Try something new, unique and fun! Try something daring like indoor skydiving, going to a concert or heading to a painting studio. Think about something you’ve been really wanting to try and putting off. Today is the day!
- If you’re single and feeling down, get together with your friends and throw an “Anti-Valentine’s Day” party. Make fun drinks, watch funny movies and play silly games. Chances are you’ll be feeling a lot less sad than if you just stayed home by yourself and drowned your sorrows with Ben and Jerry.
- If you’re coupled up and in love, make sure that special someone knows you’re thinking about them. Plan a date based on your mutual interests or make or buy them a special gift.
However you plan to spend Valentine’s Day (or if you plan to forget the holiday altogether), try to maintain a positive attitude and have some fun!
How do you plan to spend Valentine’s Day? Do you love it or hate it? Are you coupled up or single? Share with us!