You know the saying… April showers bring May flowers. But does April really have to bring rain that causes hair to become frizzy and flat? Here are some tips to avoiding looking like a mess when it inevitably rains this spring:
- Remember that rain isn’t always the culprit of a messed-up hairdo, it might just be the moisture in the air. So be prepared, even if it isn’t currently raining. The first tip is simple: limit your time outdoors if its damp or raining. Your hair will thank you.
- Before you head out for the day, make sure your hair is dried properly or your hair will frizz.
- Avoid or go easy on the products. This might sound counterintuitive, but sometimes products work differently when it is humid outside. A little bit of serum could look greasy very easily in this type of climate. Hairspray can be a good product however if you just want to take some flyaways and keep frizz at bay. Sea salt sprays also normally work well even in rainy, humid climates.
- Try straightening your hair. First use a heat protectant spray or a straightening lotion to protect your hair from the elements. Then straighten as you please.
- Or go the opposite route and curl it before the elements curl it for you. This way you can control more of what the curls look like and work to prevent frizz.
- If your hair is beyond help or you got caught in the rain, do a top knot. This bun looks great on just about everyone and is super easy to do. Braids will also do the trick on a rainy day. Remember the curlier your hair, the tighter your braid should be to hold it in place.
- Avoid brushes and use a wide-tooth comb instead. Brushes can cause breakage to your hair, especially when wet and tangled. Then you’ll end up with a host of new problems.
Do you hate the way your hair looks in rainy weather? What tricks do you use to still look cute when you get rained on? Share with us!